Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Open letter to my Christian friends...

To my Christian friends:

There are troubles all over the world. For those of us in Christ we need not fear:

We are the witnesses of the "Birth Pains" that is spoken of in Revelation, prior to the rapture. I long for Revelation. chapter 21:1 - "And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea." And the last verse: (27) "And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life."

Romans 13:1 tell us "Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God." In 1 Timothy 2:1-2 we are told, "Exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving thanks, be made for all men; For Kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty."

Time is short and will only get worse. This country and the world over are on a downward spiral. I don't know why God put President elect Obama in power, but He did, and we need to respect that. If America falls and is taken down to her knees than that is a good thing. When civilizations lose their sense of morals, they all fall. I just pray for the days to be cut short. I read where 54% of Catholics voted for Obama (much to the regret of the Bishops who do not condone abortion). Voting for Obama was, and is not a race issue - it was a moral issue for Christians and conservatives. It's a scary world we live in. We will be leaving a mess to our kids and grandkids that they may never clean up. But as Christians our hope is not in this world. We have a heavenly home and await our King Jesus. We need not fear. I pray for President elect Obama and the world over. I pray for Jesus to cut the days short and come soon!

Estelle P. Shrum
www.Heistheword.com

"Fear not...I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward." Gen. 15:1

"Behold, I shew you a mystery; we shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed."
1 Cor. 15:51

"Ye shall not be afraid of the face of man; for the judgment is God's.: Deut. 1:17

"But there shall not an hair of your head perish." Luke 21:18

"Your sorrow shall be turned into joy." John 16:20

"Peace I leave with you. My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you." John 14:27

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Tim. 1:7

"The Lord is good, and a strong hold in the day of trouble; and He knoweth them that trust in Him." Nahum 1:7

"And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive."
Matt. 21:22

No comments: