Friday, November 5, 2010

TEACH ME THY WAYS LORD

“Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.” Ps. 51:10
“The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh Him.” Lam. 3:25
“The Lord is nigh unto all them that call upon Him, to all that call upon Him in truth.” Ps. 145:18


TEACH ME THY WAYS LORD

Teach me how to be more like you.
Teach me what I must do to serve you.

Teach me how to shine my light through you.
Teach me to be steadfast and fearless for you.

Teach me words of wisdom to bring souls to you.
Teach me to understand Scripture so I will know you.

Teach me new songs and praises to please you.
Teach me to love the unjust and lost for you.

Teach me to give everything I have for you.
Teach me to listen and learn about life for you.

Teach me to bear injustice and heartache for you.
Teach me to be a new creature in Christ for you.

Teach me the things seen and not seen of you.
Teach me to be a beacon in a dark world for you.

Teach me your ways Lord, and how I can show I love you.

By Estelle P. Shrum

“One of the most wonderful things about knowing God is that there's always so much more to know, so much more to discover. Just when we least expect it, He intrudes into our neat and tidy notions about who He is and how He works.”

-- Joni Eareckson Tada

No comments: